Not gonna lie, Starbucks over in the Philippines is a bit different than I’m used to.
1. The coffee there is around a dollar cheaper (USD vs. Pesos), but the tradeoff is smaller servings.
2. The locations are fairly larger, even when placed within larger public places such as malls.
3. Starbucks in the Philippines doesn’t close until some time after 1:00 AM, and the denizens and customers within are much louder than the ones over here in the US.
4. The food items are different and, quite frankly, much more awesome—-french toast, spam and black pepper with gouda sandwiches, and some sandwich with egg whites? Pretty damn good for pre-packed foods.
5. Having armed guards around are pretty cool too.
6. Did I also mention that they play oldies over the speakers? Plus points there.